Sunday, January 29, 2012

01/28/12
Super Power

Before the world ended, people would do all sorts of crazy things to themselves, their children too. Momma’s would line up at the geneticists lab to order up what up kind of child they wanted, Ha! Everyone wound up looking alike in those last bad years. All those choices! Skin color, hair color, sex, height, weight, smarts; all those things could be ordered up like we used order pizzas in the old days. Everyone wanted tall skinny, blonde children though! No one cared much about ordering smarts, or musical proclivity, or common sense for that matter. Everyone sure was pretty though. I’ve made it to the grand old age of 125! No genetic cocktails for me, no. I’ve eaten mostly vegetables for the last 50 years, and I’ve always felt the need to be active. A glass or two of wine, when it was available, may have helped as well. Oh lordy , who knows? Towards the end, people were doing all kinds of crazy modifications. The ability to breath water, or become invisible! They were close to being able to modify people so they could fly! Imagine that…one injection and you could grow your own wings! Bad thing was though; people became so involved in themselves that they forgot about the rest of the world. Politics went out of fashion. People stopped caring about the poor and misfortunate, in their own countries and globally. Third world countries obtained the technology for nuclear weapons, and then BOOM! The end of the world….Well, I reckon if I’d had the notion to order up a super power, I would have had those geneticists tinker with my mind so that I would be able to understand another’s point of view. Culturally, philosophically, religiously, yes, that is it, universal understanding. Ha! Too bad it’s too late!

No comments: